Everyone has their own reason for wanting to play a musical instrument. But, why play the ukulele? Below is a list of my top 10 reasons that I choose to play the ukulele.
- It is easy to learn. I learned to play a song in a few minutes with just a few simple chords.
- I can take it on my trips and play it by the beach or up on a mountaintop.
- It makes me and people around me happy.
- I can play any kind of music on the uke…jazz, blues, pop, soul, country, oldies, or even Hawaiian!
- I have learned so much about music and music theory.
- The ukulele suits the size of my smaller hands so I can even play barre chords.
- The ukulele is affordable. I got started with a $40 ukulele that I bought at an outdoor market in Hawaii.
- I have met so many amazing and wonderful people at home and in places that I have travelled. Ukulele players are very friendly and fun loving people.
- There’s no right or wrong way to play an ukulele, there’s only your way.
- I’ve never met a grumpy ukulele player.
I’d love to hear from you. What are your reasons for playing the uke?